Sharon Cuneta Mourns the Loss of Dear Friend Willy Cruz
Posted on April 19, 2017 on her Facebook page
Please forgive me. I might be 'absent' for a while here. But I will try my best not to take too long.
I am in very deep mourning over the death of my friend, Willy Cruz. I did not expect to be this affected by his passing, but I am. I feel like a part of me has died. I have been hiding under the covers in my bed almost everyday since he left. I have been so useless. My tears seem to be coming out of an endless stream of water from a faucet that refuses to be turned off no matter what I do.
I mean no offense to the other songwriters and composers who hold their own special places in my heart and are just as irreplaceable as Willy is -- but I truly feel it was Willy who LOVED ME THE MOST...asked if I was okay most often...treated me not just as his friend but his 'baby,' no matter how far between our get-togethers were...
Every highlight of my life, not just my career, has been marked by one of Willy's songs, all written especially for me except for one: On Gabby's and my wedding day, I sang "I'll Never Say Goodbye."
When I and all of Viva Films and my family, friends and fans were all nervous and praying that my first film without a 'ka-loveteam,' "Bukas, Luluhod ang mga Tala" would make it in the box-office, and I am forever grateful to God that it did or I wouldn't even be here typing this now, its theme song was "Pangarap na Bituin."
And of course, there is "BITUING WALANG NINGNING." I was pregnant with KC, and it was my first full-length movie with my long-time crush and one of the actors and co-workers I most respect and admire, Christopher De Leon.
Then, my own personal 'anthem,' and that of thousands of Sharonians everywhere, which we then didn't know would be so: "Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas." No explanation needed.
"Madrasta," my first movie for Star Cinema, another with my Christopher and my first with my Direk Olive Lamasan, and which gave me my first Best Actress Grand Slam win from all award-giving bodies, had "Hanggang Kailan Kita Mamahalin" playing over its sad story and eventual triumph -- both in the storyline itself and in the movie's critical and box-office successes.
I could go on and on. But...
One thing that bothers me now no end is the fact that Willy himself arranged and played the piano for every song on my tribute album for Rey Valera, "Sharon Sings Valera."
Now, what do I do for my Willy? Of course I can -- and feel in my heart that I should do a tribute album for him. And truth be told, I would probably go ballistic and homicidal over someone else being given THAT job. But where's my Willy? Who's gonna smile and hug me and tell me in his soft-spoken voice how much he loves the way I sang the songs, how much he loves me; how thankful he is, when his "thank yous" to me of course would never even mean half of my THANK YOUs to him? Not the 'thank yous' in all the world.
But even then, THANK YOU, my dearest Willy...
No more pain...no more struggling...no more fighting...no more of anything you hated...Just peace now, and rest, and joy and love in Jesus' loving arms.
But then, again...
No more MY Willy...no more musical mastepieces...no more messages to Ate Baby for me...no more soft smiles and words and "i love yous..."
Thank you for some of the very best songs anyone could have ever been given...most of all, thank you for all the love that came with them, with me, your baby in mind...
No success with your contributions were ever or will ever be mine alone...I owe you so much, too much...And why is it so painful to have to say now that...
I MISS YOU...I WILL ALWAYS MISS YOU...AND I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH, WILLY...NAPAKALAKI NG UTANG NA LOOB KO SA IYO...AND KILALA MO AKO, HINDI AKO NAKAKALIMOT...
SANA NAYAYAKAP PA KITA ULI NGAYON...hindi nung isang gabi, nung tayo lang at wala pang ibang tao sa kinaroroonan mo ngayon, kung saan maraming nagbibigay ng respeto at tamang pamamaalam sa iyo...nung wala ka pa sa ayaw na ayaw kong "kahon" na alam kong magiging huling paglalagyan mo...kasi ayoko...Kaya kahit pa "morgue" ang tawag doon, hindi naman ako naiilang kasi ikaw ang mahalaga sa akin hindi kung anong lugar ang kinalalagyan mo...
Salamat sa Panginoon nayakap, nahalikan pa kita. Nakapagpasalamat ng walang katapusan nang walang salamin na nasa pagitan ng mga mukha naging dalawa...napunasan ko pa ang mga luha kong tumulo ng tumulo sa guapo mong mukha kahit pa hiyang-hiya ako sa iyo noon...Kaya lang, talagang hindi ko na nakita pa ang ngiti mo kahit sa huling pagkakataon...at hindi na natin natapos ang kaisa-isang awit na tayong dalawa ang bumubuo...Paano na yan, Willy ko? Promise, when I see you again, LAHAT NG GINAWA MONG KANTA PARA SA AKIN, WALANG TIGIL NA AAWITIN KO SAYO LANG, PAULIT-ULIT, PUNO PA RIN NG PUSO...Siguro sa pagkakataong yon, makakangiti na ako uli...At matatapos na natin yang kantang ginagawa nating dalawa...
One last thing (for now, kasi and kulit ko sayo, lagi kitang kinanakusap ngayon di ba?)...If the Lord God allows you to, please, please be an angel to me. Masakit na masyado ang loob ko. Di ba ang DAMI-DAMI-DAMING HINDI ALAM NG TAO na nasa puso at isip ko? Napakahirap na talagang umarte ng napakasaya sa labas, pero di pa rin tumitigil and sakit ng mga butas ng puso kong matagal ko nang pilit na hinihilom, dinadasal, pati pinapatay...Konting alalay lang, please...Talagang si Lord, lahat ng hindi ko hiningi, binigay at lampas langit ang pasasalamat at pagsamba ko sa Kaniya...pero ang iilang hiniling kong pinagkait Niya, baka pag nagkita na tayo uli, doon na rin Niya ibigay...at alam mo lolokohin kita pag nakita na kita uli...kakantahin ko sayo:
"O kay tagal na ako'y nag-isip at naghintay...makita ka, mayakap, at muli kang mahagkan...ngunit ngayon, nangyari na, ako ay nauutal...walang masabi kundi...Kamusta ka?"
Mahal na mahal na mahal na mahal kita, Willy... Maraming, maraming salamat sa mga awit mong iilan sa kakaunting pinakamalalaki ang nagawa sa career ko...
Mahigpit na mahigpit na yakap...Grabe, ang sakit-sakit-sakit naman...miss na miss na talaga kita...I love you so much. With all my heart. At kahit ilan pa and gumawa ng tribute for you, sorry na lang silang lahat, AKO LANG ANG TOTOONG BABY AT MINAHAL MO...
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING...I will never forget you, my friend, my Willy...
I will forever be
YOUR Shawie.
Be my genie! Grant my wish(es), please? See my list. Click on this.

Comments
Post a Comment