Sharon Cuneta on What Could've Been a Perfect Moment with Willy Cruz Next Year

Posted on April 19, 2017 on her Facebook page

These were taken during the finale at my 30th anniversary concert, MEGA 30, at the Araneta Coliseum. I was so surprised when I saw Willy in the audience and I felt that I did not just have to acknowledge his presence, but also force him to come up on stage with me as I sang "Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas." I also wanted to bonk myself hard on my head for being too stressed out and focused on the show (Not an excuse. Just a fact.) that I failed to even invite him to what to me was such a momentous occasion.

He was so humble, so unassuming; didn't even ask me or anyone from my team for a ticket. He just came, and towards the end of the concert when I saw him, I could see the pride on his face as he watched me. I could have decided to just continue to look at his face which was filled with so much love and pride, but of course, a true Maestro, a KING in his field deserved so much more than being introduced to thousands while he stayed in his seat.

In January of next year, I will be celebrating my 40th year as a singer, recording artist, and concert performer. I would have had a fantastic number with Willy, he playing and I singing his songs...

Thank you for the love and respect that all of you, too, have had for my friend.




Be my genie! Grant my wish(es), please? See my list. Click on this.

Comments

Popular Posts