Sharon Cuneta: My condolences to all their, our family...

(Originally posted in Sharon Cuneta Page dated October 11, 2016)

I have been quietly dealing with so much in my personal life, all while taking advantage of the opportunities to enjoy that working provides me, and just trying my best to stay grateful to God for His faithfulness and goodness.

A month or so ago, I lost a half-brother, Kuya Danny. I was never particularly close to him, but there was no bad blood between us. I wanted to much to help him more, but I myself had way TOO many obligations to have to meet and like I said in interviews recently, though I would still be considered quite wealthy, I do still have huge concerns, like other investments that would not allow me too much freedom with handling cold cash at the moment.

About two weeks ago, I lost another half-brother, my above brother's brother, Kuya Freddie. I felt worse about losing him as our Daddy wanted nothing more than ALL his very many children to get along. Kuya Freddie and my Mom had a falling out years ago. And, well, you know how fiercely protective I was of my parents. I regret that we never had the opportunity to make up and forgive each other in person.

Today, after a happy first rehearsal day for my Solaire concerts, then dinner with KC, Frankie and Miguel at our favorite Makati restaurant, Sakura, with the bonus of meeting Alden Richards there (Frankie is a big ALDUB and Liza Soberano, Daniel Padilla fan. We all are too.), I come home to see my Miel and my husband and settle down in contentment, finally, when I decide to check my phone (which everyone knows I rarely do nowadays). And I see that I received a message from my niece Josette saying that my half-sister, the last of the three siblings (children of one mother), my Ate Ningning, passed away today.

Ate Ningning and my Mommy were able to spend time and talk in the hospital two years ago just before my Mama passed away. I grew up seeing Ate Ning and her children Abby, Bunny, Patrick and TonTon in our house more often than my other Cuneta relatives (except for my Kuya Butch who lived with us for a few years and who I still adore and love dearly). I never had the chance to talk to her in the past several months. You always think there is going to be a tomorrow, until there are no more of it.

My condolences to all their, our family...

I wish I could say more, but alas, these are private matters. All I can say is that if I could have been there more, in more ways than one, I would have without any hesitation.

May God give all of you strength and peace at this most painful time, Abby, Bunny, Patrick and Ton. And all our brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews.

I do not know what else to say, what else to do with myself. I lost Tito Teddy Del Rosario too, Boss Vic's brother who I grew up seeing in all the years I worked for Viva since I was a teenager. My deepest condolences to the whole Del Rosario and Viva Familes, too...

It feels like so many are being taken away from me...I pray this is it. At least for a long while.

Thank you for bearing with my sadness. I don't plan these things as you know. I promise to try my best to deliver better and happier news again next time, no matter what is going on in the life I live that you do not see.

God bless you and good night.

Love you all always,
Sharon.


Be my genie! Grant my wish(es), please?
Dorina Pineda Wish List
My Amazon.com Wish List
My Amazon.co.uk Wish List

Comments

Popular Posts