#DearSharon 01 Sharon Cuneta, My Angel by Prima Glass


Prima Glass currently resides in Wisconsin, USA with her Dutch-American husband. They have two kids (Lianna and Chrystina) and two cats. She has been an elementary teacher for 13 years now and currently finishing her MS Literacy. According to her, she has never admired any actor except for Sharon Cuneta. "Hindi ako mahilig sa artista pero iba si ate Sharon. I know that nobody's perfect but she comes close. She possesses not just a beautiful face but a beautiful mind and soul that shine in everything she does. 'Yun ang ina-admire ko sa tao, artista man o hindi." 

Dear Sharon,

Life is an exciting journey. It is full of challenges and ways to overcome them. It is a fascinating odyssey where sometimes you find yourself in paradise or in the midst of a turbulent sea. Just when you think that all hopes have vanished, God sends us angels to assure us of His love and reminds us that we are not alone in our journey. In my troubled years, He knew I needed an angel to guide me so He sent me one. He sent me you, ate Sharon!

Let me take you back thirty years ago when I had first encountered you. My family were living in an old abandoned bus station. My father just left for Saudi Arabia after some horrible bouts with numerous pseudo-job employers. We were up to our neck in debts before he was finally able to land a job in the Middle East.


Being the eldest child, I was aware of our struggles. My mother worked as a dishwasher in my aunt's small roadside carinderia to augment my father's meager salary which was not enough to pay our debts. There were days that I couldn't go to school because we didn't have food. The future was looking dark and bleak. I could not see any light at the end of the tunnel. I began to wonder if God loves me.

One day my aunt who owned the carinderia invited me to watch a movie with her at a local theater. At seven years old, I vividly remember the first time I gazed upon your angelic face on the big screen. I fell in love with you instantly! I didn't know why, but you were drawing me close to you. I thought that your beautiful face must come with a beautiful heart, too.

The movie that we saw was Bukas Luluhod ang mga Tala where you played Rebecca. Amidst all the trials and tribulations, Rebecca was able to muster all her courage to achieve her dreams for herself and her family. When you started singing "Pangarap na Bituin", tears trickled down my face and hope began filling up my little heart. It was as if you were speaking to me! I knew instantly that you were the angel sent by God, telling me that I, too, can overcome the difficulties I was facing then. Oh, how I wished I could give you a hug and thank you personally for such encouragement!

Throughout the years as I pursue my dreams, you have always been my constant inspiration. You definitely deserved the Megastar title. Above the glitz and glamour of stardom, your admirable character stands out. You are the only famous star I know whose heart is overflowing with love for her fans. You relate to each of them with all sincerity like they are the most important people in your life. You truly have the heart of an angel!


I have realized that angels have their own journeys, too. I have witnessed how you went through some dark ravines in your life coupled with public scrutiny, but you pulled yourself up with poise and grace indomitably. You became not only an angel of love and inspiration to me, but a symbol of courage and inner strength.

I may not be as wealthy as Rebecca. Nonetheless, I still consider myself rich and successful. I have so much to be grateful for. One of them is YOU. I still long to meet you in person and tell you how much I appreciate all the inspiration and encouragement that you have given me throughout my journey. I have faith that the same loving God who sent me my angel will make a way for us to meet someday soon. 


I love you forever, Sharon Cuneta!

Love always,

Prima Glass




Comments

Popular Posts